BlogClassical Structures: Lines and Boxes
Tips and Tricks for Growing Your Email List
- Make sure there's an email sign up on every page of your Web site (part of the wrapper template).
- Add a sign up check box to every contact form on your site.
- Include a call to action in your email signature.
You might want to actually segment your lists by category creating more smaller lists, instead of one big list. That way site visitors can sign up for *only* the information they want, instead of forcing them to receive everything.
Don't forget In-Person collection
Make a habit of collecting emails to add to your list everywhere you go, with everyone you meet. When someone gives you their business card - ask "Can I add you to my corporate email list?" Remember that you are building a permission-based list, which means a person must give their permission before being added.
Here are some tips for growing your list in person:
- Have a sign-up sheet available at your office
- Train employees to collect addresses and permission at every point of contact
- Collect addresses at tradeshows and events
- Collect business cards of people who request information