BlogChoosing Your Corporate Colors
Yes, Please: Twitter Personalities You Want to Become
1. The Insider: In real life, people have thoughts, feelings and opinions. These are what tend to be what attracts friends and followers. In Twitter, it is just the same. People often chose to follow the Insider because they're tweets have shown that they have a real insight and share their thoughts, feelings and opinions. But not too many thoughts, feelings and opinions.
2. The Magnet: Wonder why people are on Twitter to begin with? They want to be in the know. A wealth of knowledge attracts many followers.
3. Linky Lou: People become followers because they want to hear what is being said about an issue. Tweet your thoughts. Links are bonuses for your followers.
4. Strawberry Shortcake: Twitter only allows 140 characters, so when using a link with an idea, remember to keep it short and sweet.
5. Heavenly Hash (#): Using hash tags frequently will help tweets show up in searches. A hash tag can be used on any word or phrase. Popular words or phrases to hash out:
- #followfriday (list out a few favorite Twitterers with this hash)
- #SocMe (SocMe- pronounced "sock me"; a shortened phrase for "social media")
- #fail (used to express disagreement with something or show an idea that failed)
- #bangitout (phrase used to let followers know something is so exciting, it needs to be banged out on the keyboard/mobile device; example tweet: I can't wait til #Beatles Rockband is released #bangitout